If you need a development application from the council, we can help you?
Talk with our civil engineers for a FREE consultation and independent expert advice to find out the best possible outcome.
What is a Development Application?
A DA is commonly referred to as a Development Application. It is a formal request for consent to carry out a proposed development, such as change of use of land, subdivide land, and carry out building landscaping and other works. You must lodge a DA and have it approved by Council before any construction can begin.
Do I need a Development Application Approval from Council?
In most cases yes. If you are planning on developing a piece of land (eg. Subdividing, building townhouses/units/high rise, building an industrial shed/warehouse), it will be required to have Council approve the concept design.
Examples of work that would require a DA include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering Services Report
- Traffic Impact Assessments
- Stormwater Management Plans
- Overland Flow Assessment Report
- Flood Assessment Report
- Roadworks and Access Plan/s
- Filling & Excavation (Bulk Earthworks) Plan
- Erosion & Sediment Control Plan
- Stormwater Drainage (including detention/retention details) Plan
- Sewer Reticulation Plan
- Water Reticulation Plan
- Combine Services Plan