Development Applications  

If you need a development application from the council, we can help you?

Talk with our civil engineers for a FREE consultation and independent expert advice to find out the best possible outcome.

What is a Development Application?

A DA is commonly referred to as a Development Application. It is a formal request for consent to carry out a proposed development, such as change of use of land, subdivide land, and carry out building landscaping and other works. You must lodge a DA and have it approved by Council before any construction can begin.

Do I need a Development Application Approval from Council?

In most cases yes. If you are planning on developing a piece of land (eg. Subdividing, building townhouses/units/high rise, building an industrial shed/warehouse), it will be required to have Council approve the concept design.

There is a process to follow and in ‘most’ cases, will require engineering input to achieve the DA from Council.

Examples of work that would require a DA include, but are not limited to:

  • Engineering Services Report
  • Traffic Impact Assessments
  • Stormwater Management Plans
  • Overland Flow Assessment Report
  • Flood Assessment Report
Conceptual design services may also be required at the DA stage. At Civil Perspective we are able to complete the following conceptual design documentation:


  • Roadworks and Access Plan/s
  • Filling & Excavation (Bulk Earthworks) Plan
  • Erosion & Sediment Control Plan
  • Stormwater Drainage (including detention/retention details) Plan
  • Sewer Reticulation Plan
  • Water Reticulation Plan
  • Combine Services Plan

For all your residential, commercial and industrial development applications.

We’d love to meet with you and chat about your ideas, hopes and dreams for your new development.

Your Details

Let us know how to get back to you.

How can we help?

Feel free to ask a question or simply leave a comment.